Monday, January 30, 2012

Sleep Deprivation

There have been studies which have demonstrated that sleep deprivation hampers cognitive abilities just as much if not more so than alcohol impairment.

I believe it.

I am tired.  Utterly exhausted.  Unfunctional.

Peanut is normally a "bad" sleeper.  He habitually wakes every two hours to nurse but he nearly always goes right back to bed following a quick feed.  But not this past week.  Since he's been ill he has been staying up ALL night long.  Well he sleeps, but for no more than 30 minutes at a time and more often than not he wakens as soon as he hits the bed.  OH and I have been rotating shifts to allow us to get at least one stretch of 3 hours sleep, but we're still exhausted.  I want to cry.

My house seems to be falling apart at the seams.  The dishes are piling up as is the laundry.  And it's messy.  Very very messy.  Whenever I get Peanut to actually sleep in his bed as opposed to on top of me I'm just too exhausted to do housework.  I'm too exhausted to think.

Oh bother!

How do you manage when your sleep deprived?

No comments:

Post a Comment